Before visiting a new location, it is a good idea to find out at least some basic information that can make your stay in another country much easier. As the saying goes - those who are prepared are not surprised. So we've put together a list of the essentials - be it currency, weather, basic phrases, the health system, customs, certain restrictions or other information that is relevant in some way. You will also find information on the popular Bratislava Card.
Note: Do you have any other question? Don´t hesitate to contact us!
Learn more about:
1. About Slovakia
- Bratislava history
- 7 reasons why Bratislava is worth visiting
- Learn basic Slovak phrases with our language guide
2. Essentials for tourists
- What currency is used in Slovakia and where to exchange money?
- Bratislava Card: Enjoy Bratislava with many benefits
3. Safety and Health System
4. Regulations and Restrictions
- Smoking in Bratislava: Where are you (not) allowed to smoke?
- Driving in Slovakia: What you should know before you get behind the wheel
5. Assistance for Foreigners
6. Other practical information
- Public holidays: When do Slovaks celebrate?
- How to call to and within Slovakia
- Sending a letter to Slovakia: ZIP / Postal code in Bratislava
- Weather in Bratislava: What to prepare for and when is the best time to visit Bratislava?
- Bratislava without barriers: basic information for people with disabilities