The Istropolitan Academy is located at number 3 on the central Venturska Street and is the oldest university in Slovakia. It was founded by King Mathias Corvinus in 1465. It consisted of four faculties: the Faculty of Theology, the Faculty of Law, the Faculty of Medicine and finally, the Faculty of Art. Classes were taught in Latin by well-known scholars such as Erasmus of Rotterdam, among others. After the king's death in 1490 the university closed its doors. Today, this building is a recognized monument within the cultural legacy of the city. At present it houses the School of Music and Dramatic Art.