Number 10 of one of the most central streets of the city, Venturska Street, is the palace of Marshal Leopold Pálffy. One of the main leaders of the Austro-Hungarian Army, belonging to the highest nobility. The ornamentation of the main door of the palace is very characteristic, highlighting different veil motifs.
According to the plaque on one of its sides, in 1762 Wolfang Amadeus Mozart, who was only 6 years old, gave a concert in this palace in a room that now bears his name.
The palace was rebuilt in the mid-19th century, replacing a series of old houses located there. During the last reconstructions, archaeologists discovered remains of a Gothic building from the 13th century and a tower from the 14th century. The most interesting finds prove the presence of the Celts in this place.
In the early 1990s, the palace became the headquarters of the Austrian Embassy, which is its function today.