Taxi Vienna Bratislava: Get from or to the airport conveniently
Last update: May 2022
Vienna and Bratislava are the closest two cities in Europe, the distance between them is approximately 55 kilometres as the crow flies. It's about 80 kilometres by road, therefore up to an hour's journey - depending on traffic conditions. There are more ways to get from one city to another - by bus, by train, by boat or even by bike…, however, if you are looking for a fast and the most convenient way of transport to Bratislava or Vienna, a taxi might be the right solution for you. Taxis are also popular with tourists who need to get directly from Bratislava to Vienna airport or from Vienna airport to Bratislava.
What are the advantages of taking a Bratislava Vienna taxi?
Below we have summarized the main advantages for those who consider taking Vienna - Bratislava taxi.
- fast, super convenient and stressed-free: no waiting → no missed flights
- door-to-door service: pick up and drop off at any address, stop whenever you want
- high flexibility: available 24/7
- privacy - no crowding on the bus or train
- no worries about luggage
- usually some additional services are included (wifi, snacks, drinks, sometimes you can choose a car type etc.)
Taxi from Bratislava to Vienna Airport
Vienna is a major air travel hub and many tourists head here from Bratislava mainly to catch their flight. Similarly, many people who want to visit Bratislava, fly into Vienna Airport. This is understandable as this airport handles a much larger number of flights from all over the world than Bratislava airport.
As a result, the journey to Vienna Airport, or rather the journey between Bratislava Airport and Vienna Airport, is very busy. Therefore - and also because of the distance - there are many taxi companies which offer their services on this route and regularly shuttle between the two cities and their airports. More information about Bratislava - Vienna airport taxi can be found further in the article.
Taxi from Vienna Airport to Bratislava:
tips and recommendation
There is no doubt that taking a Bratislava Vienna airport taxi, or - in general - a taxi from any place in Bratislava to any place in Vienna, is the most convenient mode of transport.
However, if you decide to take a taxi, it is necessary to take into account the higher prices. The second downside is that some taxi drivers try to exploit the need to get from one city to another quickly and the ignorance of passengers. They often prey on unsuspecting tourists and try to charge them double or triple prices. How to avoid this tourist trap, especially if you decide to take a Bratislava-Vienna airport taxi?
- Always order a taxi in advance (e.g. via phone or an app). Try to avoid stopping a taxi in the street or getting one at taxi stands close to “tourist hot spots”, which the airport definitely is.
- Prefer taxis which are affiliated with a company. These taxis carry a sign with the name of a taxi service on the side of the car and are generally a cheaper and safer option than unmarked cars with only a yellow taxi light on the roof. It is highly recommended to never accept transfer services from random individuals.
- Always check the taximeter immediately after getting into the taxi. If the price for a taxi ride is not fixed and given in advance, the total amount is determined from the taxi meter based on the distance or the journey time.
- You are entitled to be issued a receipt. The receipt must include: the price, where from and where to, the license plate number of the car, identification number of the driver and / or the company. If a taxi company runs an app, the receipt can also be issued electronically.
Taxi Vienna Bratislava: price
Normally, the price of a taxi ride is determined from the taximeter based on the distance and travel time. However, by private companies specialized in offering taxi transfers from Bratislava to Vienna, prices are often set in advance. In this case, the price for a trip from Bratislava airport to Vienna airport (or vice versa) is around 55 Euros for a four-seater car, around 80 Euros for up to 8 passengers. In addition to the number of passengers, the price may also vary according to the type of car, date, pickup and destination point or pickup time.
Transfer from Vienna (airport) to Bratislava by taxi (and vice versa)
Distance: around 80 km by taxi
Departure/Arrival place: not fixed, usually Bratislava City / Airport - Vienna City / Airport
Travel time: 45 - 60 min
Frequency: 24/7, whenever you need
Price: starts at €55
Ordering a taxi: online, by phone, some taxi services have their own app
Other transportation options
If you found out that a taxi is not the best option for you or you are on a tighter budget, do not worry. Bratislava and Vienna are very well connected with all means of transport. Check THIS guide to choose the best one to fit your needs. Basically, you can choose between:
👉From Vienna to Bratislava by train
👉From Vienna to Bratislava by bus
👉From Vienna to Bratislava by boat
Do you have any questions about travelling by taxi from Vienna to Bratislava? Do you have your own tip, information that might be useful to other travellers? Or is there anything you would like to tell us? Don´t hesitate to let us know!